2.21.2010

Day 4 - Chicken, Wine and Beer, oh my!!

Saturday could have been a disaster. Luckily, He was batting for me because veggie options were aplenty at Ellen's wedding shower. The egg salad was delicious and there was a little feast of fresh veggies and dip. Of course I regretted the broccoli choice but thats a story for another day :)

Wedding showers can be quite tedious depending on the couple you're showering with expensive gifts, but this one was fun and the atmosphere was great. Maybe it was because my entire table knew that within four hours we would all be enjoying Buca di Beppo food and drinks. At least, thats what I was telling myself. I was so excited but then saw how the entire menu combined all my favorite things with chicken, and forgot that it was family style serving.

For anyone who's never visited the awesome-ness of Buca, family style means that when you order a small portion, it feeds 3-4 people while their large feeds 4-6. Five of us girls teamed together and got a meal that definitely was filled with amazing looking chicken. I wanted so badly to mistakingly eat a few pieces, especially since the gal sitting across from me gave in and ordered a forbidden soda. BUT I did not give in and piled all of the enemy on a corner of my plate and substituted more sun dried tomatoes.

This was a bachelorette dinner and then we were taking the party down the street a bit to Big Bang, the piano bar. Ellen is the type of person who enjoys the shadows and dreads the limelight. Her sister promised not to buy anything too flashy, gaudy or raunchy for her to wear last night. The great thing is that I'm not her sister and got her the loveliest male member headband and lei. One of the other girls had created a list of items that Ellen had to complete by the end of the night. I'll sum it up by saying that she ended up with a condom on the headband, kissed a bald head, was presented with a pair of boxer briefs and the bar tender let her give him a blow job which she miserably failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment