2.19.2010

Day 1 - Ash Wednesday aka The Day I say au revoir to my best friend, chicken.

As my day started I found myself oddly cheerful and happy with my decision to abstain from meat over the course of Lent. Of course, this was at 8:30am and breakfast doesn’t usually consist of Chicken Alfredo with a side of Prime Rib. Please note the capitalization of my meals as this is due in part to my absolute love of food, and essentially, meat.

As the morning progressed I found myself consciously repeating over and over that lunch was not allowed to consist of meat. I knew that if I let myself forget, second nature would charge right in and suddenly I would have a mouthful of an Italian sub from Potbelly. Unfortunately, I accepted a lunch invitation that brought temptation in the form of Sesame Chicken (one of my favs!) Let me tell ya, it was rough watching everyone enjoy those little breaded pieces of chicken. Instead, I stuck to my guns and ordered the Vegetable Lo Mein. Now don’t get me wrong but I found the dish lacking substance. There wasn’t anything to sink my teeth into. Hopefully this is something that I will get used to and start to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment