3.24.2011

22 reasons why you should...

Shop at Aldi. It is my favorite place to save money, no joke. It's nuts how some of the popular grocery stores jack up prices for either "gas discounts" or various other reasons. I still shop at Meijer, Kroger or Giant Eagle when I need name brand things such as Lean Cuisine, Dt. Coke or speciality items but when I need fresh produce, milk, noodles, frozen veggies and canned goods I ALWAYS go to Aldi. The one thing I have noticed with the fresh produce such as the peppers and tomatoes is that you need to use them immediately within the next couple of days as they are usually ripe and will go bad quickly if you don't keep an eye out.

Here is what I bought last night:

Raw hides (Colbie needed a treat too!)
2 Boxes of whole grain pasta
Off Brand Special K Red Berries
3 rolls of paper towels
Mustard
Skim Milk
Plain Yogurt
Pineapple
2 Cans of Black Beans
String Cheese
Pickle Relish
1 Bottle of Riesling
Grapes
Spring Salad Mix
Celery
Red & Yellow Peppers
Roma Tomatoes
Bananas
Cantaloupe
Rice Cakes

Wanna know how much I spent? $40.09, that's it! I guarantee that I would have spent at least $60-70 on all that at Kroger.



Go Aldi Go Aldi Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment