4.02.2011

Burgers full of Black Beans!

This weekend was originally supposed to be full of friends, fun, food and catching up. Unfortunately my good friend was unable to visit due to extreme back pain issues. Last night was a bit of a bummer, I just lazed around and caught up on some DVR'd shows. Today was productive as I returned/exchanged clothes to the outlets at Jeffersonville, came back and did some laundry, went for a run with the dog and lifted some weights. After my parents came down looking for new bedroom furniture and we got dinner at Chili's to visit my sister during her shift.

I had a wonderful, delicious and semi healthy meal. I completely forgot that almost everything at Chili's has meat... meat meat meat. Darn it I couldn't enjoy the queso, or the south western egg rolls or the mini burgers. Instead I tried their black bean burger with a bit of BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese. While it was a bit overdone and crispy, I enjoyed the burger with half the bun and subbed out the fries for a side salad with fat free honey mustard.

It wasn't the best "burger" I've ever had, but it did hit the spot in my meat craving. I'm going to investigate some veggie burgers at the store this weekend as next week calls for 60 degree weather, great for beginning the grilling season. Does anyone have a specific brand of veggie burgers to suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment