3.09.2011

Ash Wednesday 2011

Hello and Happy Ash Wednesday to everyone. Today begins Lent, when Catholics chose to "give something up" in an effort to truly appreciate and be thankful for Jesus' sacrafice. I chose to abstain from meat again for all of Lent instead of just on Fridays. It's a major challenge for me as ordering a salad with grilled chicken has become a staple in my journey to a thinner, healthier self.

This year's blog will more than likely feature the meals/recipes that I'm going to eperiment with, as well as my reflections on my faith on a weekly basis. I do have a friend that I previously mentioned, Sarah, who is taking on this meatless challenge as well. Feel free to follow her blog but be warned, it's not for the faint of heart :)

I started my morning off right with a bit of peanut butter, on my toast and was super psyched for my lunch, Subway... I love their veggie subs! Needless to say I misread their nutrional information and got a fattier sub than I should have. Bad Ranch! Bad Cheese!

BUT I am also working on not sweating the small stuff during Lent. This would be a small thing, so I will let my over calorie worries fly free and will move on to planning a smaller, healthier dinner.

What are you giving up for Lent?

1 comment: