3.02.2010

Day 9 Marco... to Day 14 NOT Pollo!

So I've slacked in the daily reporting... just like I slack with reporting to my budget manager. Sorry Brian! :) At least he knows its not just him... its reporting in general!! I'd like to attribute the lack of consistency to my cold. Cold, meet the world... now go plague someone else!!

The past week has been a very difficult week as far as temptation goes. Friends came to visit and of course they wanted to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse. Lets just take a moment to salivate over their delicious Parmesan Crusted Crusted Chicken. It is amazing, hands down one of my favorite dishes of 2010... right along side the OG's Chicken Pansotti. (I've maxed out on my capacity to love this right now and will get back to you on my obsession at a later date.)

I also had a meat free chipotle burrito bowl yesterday and that just wasn't as fun either. Qdoba is better, GO QDOBA!

Have you ever gone to the store and forgotten to purchase something you desperately needed for your meal that night? Yeah, me too. I visited two stores yesterday for two different reasons and both times forgot to buy some white cheddar cheese to make homemade goopy mac and cheese. Since I forgot this vital ingredient I was forced to use my brick of Monterrey jack. I have never used this as a melting cheese and will never, ever use it again. Why you ask? Because the damn stuff wouldn't melt! It was the stringiest cheese I've ever worked with, and I work with a lot of cheese. My dog's name is Colbie Jack... come on.

Ever the positive person, I kept right on stirring and adding milk and shredded swiss, mozzarella and parmesan. Let me tell you, it tastes pretty darn good if you can get past the stringy part.

2 comments:

  1. linds - your blog makes me hungry. i can't take this! luv james

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always hungry... welcome to my world :)

    ReplyDelete