3.25.2010

5 Days till Easter

So Easter is in five days. Let's not forget the reason behind giving up something for Lent. I was supposed to be reflecting on abstaining from something in order to relate the sacrifice that Jesus made when he went into the desert for 40 days and nights before the Last Supper.

I have been reflecting, but not on that. I have been over focused on my diet's lack of meat and how I have been craving it every day. I seem to have missed the larger goal of enlightenment and taking the step to being that much closer to God. BUT I did practice self restraint and now know that I can cut something out of my life that I would eat/use almost every single day.

I am going to try to do this with various other things in my life that can be cut out, and hopefully wean myself off them permanently. Soda, shopping for things other than groceries, buying drinks for everyone in the group and any other spontaneous purchasing.

FIVE DAYS until I will be chowing down on ham, turkey, bacon, chicken, pork and hamburgers!!!!!!!!!! No worries, I'll feature one a day, but boy am I excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment